We are sometimes contacted by authors who have questions about submitting to Chamberton Publishing. With the variety of publishers out there it's a good idea to know who you are submitting to and see if they are a good fit for you and for your work. Below you'll find the answers to many of the questions you might have. And you'll find out a little more about who we are. Of course, if your question isn't answered here please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to hear from you and answer your questions.
1. Does it cost the author anything to be published by Chamberton?
The simple answer is no. It costs nothing to the author. If your story/novel/book is accepted by us we pay you.
2. Do I need to have my story/novel professionally edited prior to submitting?
You do not need professional editing prior to submitting your work. We highly recommend that you self edit and proofread your own work. If your story is accepted we work with you until all recommended edits are addressed.
3. If I am published in one of your anthologies will I receive a free author copy of the book?
Unfortunately, as a small publisher we can't give author copies out to authors published in our anthologies. It's just too cost prohibitive. However if your full length book is published by us, of course we do!
4. Can I help promote the book(s) by blogging, doing interviews, social media? Yes!
5. How long will it take before I hear back about a submission? Please allow up to 3 weeks.
6. How often is Chamberton open for submissions? (Once a year? Twice a year?) We have no set schedule. We currently have several projects in the works, though.
7. Does Chamberton pay a good rate for accepted submissions? According to a leading author site we pay between semiprofessional and professional rates.
8. Do you offer any paid author services? (Editing, cover design, publishing?) No.
9. Can you give me feedback about my story if it was not accepted? Unfortunately we just don't have the time or the staff to offer this.
10. Can you recommend other places to submit my work? Please visit TWRD for a list of small publishers.